As part of my plan to blog more, I’ll be providing you with regular advice and helpful tips on how to improve your nutrition, fitness and general wellness. In this post I thought I start with a personal favourite of mine – Pomegranate seeds.
I love them for a whole bunch of reasons. Not only do they taste great, but they also add a bit of vibrancy and crunch to dishes. Better still, pomegranate seeds are highly nutritious, making them a must have addition to any healthy diet. Here are five reasons why;
- Rich in fibre, they help to regulate hormones, balance blood sugars and encourage healthy digestion, easing consitpation. Phew!
- Full of Flavonoids, they help can help to reduce the level of stress hormone cortisol produced by your body, and are full of Vitamin B to help boost your energy levels. Yes please.
- Containing folic acid, for a healthy nervous system, they can help to improve immune system and reduce inflammation. Sounds even better right?
- Dense in phytochemical’s which stimulate your serotonin and estrogen receptors, pomegranate can help to regulate your hormones and boost mood. Fantastic!
- And last, but by no means least, they are a great source of iron. Iron encourages the production of red blood cells, which increases the supply of oxygenated blood to the heart, and in turn, the cells in your body. Cellicious. Yes that’s a word now!
Whether you add them to your breakfast, lunch or dinner, or simply add them to smoothies, I challenge you to give them a go. Remember, even the smallest of changes to your diet and lifestyle can have a big impact on health and wellbeing.